Friday, September 21, 2012

Ribbons & Twine

I wasn't happy with my buffet.  It felt disorganized, and I was ready for a change. Tomorrow being the first official day of fall, I thought it might be nice to start making things more autumn.  I love summer, but I love the coziness of fall.

My goal in "decorating" is to try to reuse things I already have as much as possible, to avoid buying a bunch of decorations that have to be boxed up at the end of the season.  I also have a little house, so it doesn't take much for things to look overdone.  I love all things nature and all things simple.

So... I went to the store, and found some pretty copper ribbon and a new glass jar for the nuts my husband has had sitting out since before we were married. (Don't eat them.) The twine came from the garden shed. Combined with some leftover pine cones from our wedding over a year and half ago and a teapot and matching bowl from my Grandmother-in-law, my buffet is starting to look a little more pulled-together.


I just used a little piece of scotch tape to attach the ribbon to the jar, and then folded the other end and taped the other side of the ribbon to itself. I tied the twine around the ribbon to further secure it in place.

I also added a bit of ribbon and twine to the unity candles from my wedding I still use to decorate.  I don't burn candles very often, but they make cute decorations... even when they are not burning. Maybe this post should be called "101 ways to reuse wedding decorations..."


I have a crochet project in the works to go along with this coppery-fall buffet update... but I'll save that for another post.

Happy autumn, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment