Monday, September 17, 2012

Hello. My name is...

... Emily.

Thunk! Another apple falls off the tree in my backyard onto my deck. The periodic pounding of apple on cedar reminds me it's time to get busy.  I'm taking advantage of a day off from substitute teaching.  At the moment, I have apples simmering on the stove, cooking down to make applesauce.   I've got apple bread in the oven, too... I'm not sure I counted the cups of flour and sugar correctly, but we'll just see how it turns out. Last time I made this bread recipe, it was delicious! What a perfect fall treat...

I'm not always so industrious, but now that the school year has started again, I never really know when I'll get called in to work.  So, on my off-days, I try to "accomplish something" as I usually put it... whether it be conquering a pile of laundry, sorting and organizing stuff that has gotten tossed here and there, or weeding...

This blog will be a journal of some of my domestic adventures - various crafts, crochet projects, food, and decorating ideas from my "days off."  I'm looking forward to starting this journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment