Tuesday, September 25, 2012

All Decked Out...

Yesterday something wonderful happened.

Yesterday I finished staining the deck my husband built. He finished putting in the railing on Saturday.  It rained Saturday night.  Yesterday I broke out the brushes and finished staining his masterpiece.  I am so proud of him.


I wish I had a "before" photo, but I don't.  I always forget to take those.  But about two years ago, my husband tore the itty-bitty deck off the back of his house.  Over the next few summers, working on free evenings and weekends, he has designed and built something beautiful.


When you step out onto the deck, it's like walking into another room.  The pergola overhead and the lattice screen create a sense of privacy and escape.  In the fall, you can reach up and pick apples off the tree from the deck.  The clematis we planted is already starting to string through the lattice.


It has been a lot of work, and there are plans in the works to put a patio in the crook of the L next summer, but in the meantime, it feels good to sit back and enjoy the beautiful deck my husband built.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment