Thursday, December 8, 2016

Quick & Simple Flannel Scarf

We are celebrating a snow day today, so I am taking a few minutes to write a post about a quick last-minute gift idea or a speedy addition to your winter wardrobe. 

Last winter, I made myself a blanket scarf like  Amy Clark over at Mom Advice describes in her post "How to Make a Blanket Scarf." I loved it, and then I realized I wasn't wearing it. It was just felt too bulky for my neck.

So, I went back to the drawing board, took my giant (1.5 yd) square of fabric and made it smaller. I cut it in half length-wise and shortened it to the length of another scarf I had - maybe about 0.25 yards shorter. I frayed all four edges, and ended up with a scarf that was just not so bulky-heavy around my neck, but still looked and felt substantial. 


I wore this scarf on a recent three-day trip I took for work. I packed everything I needed in my 18 liter REI flashpack, including a laptop and cables.  I was so proud of myself. Everything I needed could ride at my feet on the plane.

I love this scarf so much. I wear it to work at least once a week!


Treat yourself to a new scarf, or keep this idea in the back of your mind for the future. Either way, it is so easy, so comfortable, and a way to incorporate the coziness of flannel into your outfit without actually wearing a flannel shirt to work (not everyone is okay with that!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment