Thursday, July 25, 2013

Be transformed.

I got a job.

An honest-to-goodness, I-will-have-my-own-room-and-students, oh-my-goodness-I-have-so-much-work-to-do, I-am-surrounded-by-textbooks-and-planning-materials kind of job. School starts in a little over a month, and I am knee-deep in the river of planning.

A more accurate statement might be: I've dipped my toe in the river of planning and am a bit leery of completely submerging, but I know it will need to happen soon.

When I was back in the world of subbing, I initialled a student's hall pass and realized something wonderful: My initials make a butterfly.

So, a few weeks ago, when I found out about the job, I starting making classroom decorations... with some leftover yarn and my crochet hook. Are you ready?


I absolutely adore this butterfly pattern! It's called "Butterfly Grace" by Chrissy and is a free Ravelry download. I have many, many more to finish into the little winged creatures...


The best part about these beautiful butterflies? They remind me of the verse Romans 12:2. It goes like this:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (NIV)
This is such a challenging verse - give up conforming to the world... that's hard to do. But oh! How I long to be transformed into the likeness of Christ!

So, as I hang these little butterflies around my room, I will be hanging little reminders to myself...  
Be transformed.

Wish me luck as I begin this new adventure! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment